UPDATED MAY 22, 2018
Social Lab Marketing (SLM) is based in Asheville, NC and has been a Facebook Advertising Consulting Agency since 2014. Social Lab Marketing works with coaches, consultants, and retail businesses to create effective ad campaigns.
- the personal information we collect;
- the legal bases we rely on to collect, use, and share personal information;
- the third parties with whom we share personal information;
- the length of time we keep personal information;
- if we’re transferring personal information outside of Europe (for example, if we move the business to the United States and continues to sell to buyers in Europe, or uses a third party provider located outside of Europe, or uses Google Cloud to host some of his buyers’ information), how the transfer will be handled;
- our buyers’ rights regarding our use of their personal information; and
- how our buyers can contact us with privacy-related requests.
1. Personal information SLM collects:
- To fulfill your order on any of our website links, you must provide SLM with the following personal information: your full name, email address, postal address and payment information.
- You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (on a client intake form, for example), or if you contact us directly by phone.
- Technical Data- this may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type/version, plug-in type/version, time zone, setting and location.
- Profile data - may include your username, password purchases or orders, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communication data - may include your preferences in receiving any marketing communications from SLM.
When you use our website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our website. This information is typically non-personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Automatic Information: We automatically receive information from you web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the internet, your internet website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device and computer operating system.
- Other information: In certain cases, SLM may assist with clients setting up their FB pixel codes on their websites, sales pages, opt-in pages, etc. Clients may provide this to SLM only if they wish to. We only use this to place on your website for campaign tracking and we do not share this information.
2. Why SLM Needs Your Information and How We Use It:
SLM relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your online purchase (for example: sending you an e-mail with a webinar link), to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- we may use the information you provide in order to customize our website as needed. This may include using your name as a testimonial (with approval), and knowing the demographics we need to target to run our Facebook ad campaigns.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our coaching and consulting services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is very important to SLM . We do not sell, rent or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- affiliates that provide services to us with regards to your website or Facebook ad campaigns such as: copywriters and graphic designers. We may share your personal information with these affiliates, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. Data Retention:
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
6. Your Rights:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting SLM using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing correspondences from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact SLM
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Amy Crane - CEO of Social Lab Marketing, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.