Getting Started with Webinars
It's no secret I love webinars. I host one every Tuesday just so I can hang out with other awesome biz owners and talk about the latest and greatest in FB Advertising + Online Marketing. Get on the list here.
So if you’ve been thinking about doing your own webinar but you’re not sure how to get going, you’re in the right place.
Let’s get started by talking about why you should be doing webinars. And then I’ll share what I use to get my webinar up and going each week.
Why you should do webinars:
I started doing webinars because I wanted to connect with my audience in way that wasn’t just a blog post. And it’s made all the difference in the world.
Instead of having a list of emails in Aweber, I actually know the people behind the emails.
I get emails and questions from the awesome people that hang out with me every week. And I get updates on what everyone is up to and how they’re using FB Ads for their business. And that’s pretty cool.
Here’s why you should be doing webinars:
- Connect with your audience and increase engagement.
- Reach more people without having to travel.
- They are time efficient- for you and the attendees.
- Build your list.
- Sell your product or service.
If you’ve never done a webinar the idea of pulling it all together can be a little overwhelming. But once you get all the pieces in place it’s easy breezy. :-)
Let’s brainstorm some things you can talk about:
- Survey your current list and find out what they want to learn about most.
- What are the hot topics in your industry?
- What are the 3 questions you get asked the MOST?
Don’t cover too much…people are only going to remember 3-4 main points from your talk. So you don’t want to overwhelm them with too much information. Keep it simple and to the point.
And don’t forget to share examples and case studies if you can (this is HUGE if you’re trying to sell something).
You’ve got your content ready to go so how are you going to host your webinar?
You’re going to use WebinarJam! Well…you don’t have to, but it’s what I use and I love it.
I tested out a few other platforms before I found WebinarJam and let me tell you…it’s the best out there.
It’s also super easy to use and has tons of cool features. Here are some of the reasons why I love it:
- You can have unlimited attendees.
- You can do a “regular” webinar and share your slides or you can do a “hangout” webinar and invite guests to join. (Or you can do a combo of the two!)
- Awesome analytics- you know who watched live and who watched the replay. And how much of the presentation they watched.
- Poll your audience to get their feedback and get more engagement.
- Pop-in offers let you share the link to your sales page so your audience can click and buy instantly (this is huge for conversions).
- And it’s super easy to set up and there isn’t a steep learning curve.
And a bonus: it doesn’t cost a bazillion dollars each month. It’s perfect if you’re getting started and it will grow with you as your webinars become more and more popular.
I could go on and on but you get the point. You can learn more here.
Are you using webinars in your biz? What's your favorite platform?