10 Ways to Use Facebook Custom Audiences
According to a recent study by Facebook, combining Facebook Ads + Email led to a 22% increase in likelihood to purchase. We're all busy. We don't have time to check and read through every email that comes into our inbox. But we always find a little time to check in on Facebook (the average user logs in 4 times a day).
So if you're not using Custom Audiences on Facebook, you could be missing out on a huge opportunity to stay in front of your current customers + follow up with lost buyers.
Custom Audiences let you reach customers you already know with ads on Facebook.
You can upload a list of email addresses or phone numbers and Facebook will deliver your ad to those people if they're on Facebook (email match rates are typically between 40% to 60%). You can also build an audience based on the people that visit your website or from people who use your mobile app.
Here are 10 ways to use Custom Audiences:
1. Stay in front of your list so they never miss a sale or promotion: We don't always have time to read every single email that comes into our inbox. But when you target your email list on Facebook, you're able to stay in front of the people that know you best.
2. Guide customers through your sales funnel: Want to make sure your customers are taking action (watching a video, downloading a PDF, etc)? Or want to keep them engaged as they move through your sales funnel? Create an ad to encourage them to take the next step.
3. Target website visitors that aren't on your list yet: Invite them to join your email list or let them know about a promotion.
4. Drive traffic to your site/latest blog post: The people most interested in reading your latest blog post are usually the people that have visited your site before. It's more effective and cost less to promote to people that already know you.
5. Deliver content based on which page of your website they visited: This is a great way to give your audience exactly what they want. If you know they are interested in a certain item or topic, you can create a specific promotion to share with them. They've already shown interests so it would be silly not to. :-)
6. Re-Targeting: This is a big one! Bring back lost customers by following up with them on Facebook. It's easy to get distracted or maybe they wanted to check out the competition. Either way, you don't want them to forget about you. So create a follow up plan and stick with it!
7. Use Audience Insights to learn more about your customers.
8. Re-engage website visitors: What happens when someone visits your site and they never return? If you're using a WCA, you can bring back these lost visitors. I know I do it all the time...find a cool website and then get distracted and can't remember the name or how I found it. If I'm lucky, they're using FB Ads and I'll see an ad pop up the next time I log into FB.
9. Create a Lookalike Audience: Want to target people that are similar to your current audience? Easy, breezy. Just create a Lookalike Audience. Facebook will create a list of similar users on Facebook that you can target.
10. Exclude certain groups from your targeting: You can make your ads even more effective by excluding people that have already purchased or signed up for your email list. Or you can exclude certain groups if you know they aren't interested in a specific promotion.
Ok, that's my list! How are you using Custom Audiences?